| Dumb like a moose, Dib, dumb like a moose.|
|Invader Zim Episode|
|Previous:||FBI Warning of Doom|
|Next:||Game Slave 2|
|Episode No:||Episode 12a|
|Airdate:||September 21, 2001|
SPOILER WARNING OF DOOM: This section or article may contain spoilers!
Later, Zim is walking home from Skool and finds Dib surrounded by dogs. Dib admits that Zim's plan was pretty good, and holds his hand out in defeat. Zim reaches out to shake it when he believes Dib has finally conceded to his will, only to get pricked by the same tack that he had Dib sit on. Dib tells Zim that now he has to find a cure to save himself as well, but Zim declares that he will find a cure and keep it all to himself. But Zim starts transforming into bologna much quicker than Dib, to the point where his base thinks that Zim is an intruder. Zim then goes to Dib for help, and the two try to find a cure together. When they finally think they got it, Dib drinks it and only turns more into bologna, the process having been actually sped up. This makes Dib angry, and blames the whole thing on Zim, but Zim says it's Dib's "inferior equipment" that is at fault, and they start fighting. However, the fight ends when Zim and Dib realize they are surrounded by dogs, and they find refuge inside an abandoned house, fully transformed into giant bologna sausages when they get inside the house.
End of Spoilers: There are no further spoilers for this section or article. You can breathe now.
Facts of Doom
- When Dib shoves Zim through the vent near the end, a panel reading "DMZ 34" can be seen in the upper right. This may be a reference to the Korean Demilitarized Zone, which divides North and South Korea and lies on the 34th parallel.
- Willy first appears in this episode. He is based on an identical-looking character, perhaps an early design of himself, that appeared in the Pilot.
- One of the bathroom walls reads "Zim is an alien!", and another reads "He really is!": this is possibly a reference to the Original Pilot, where Dib had to write "Zim is not an alien" hundreds of times on a chalkboard and you can see those very lines on the board.
- This episode had a reference made about in "Gaz, Taster of Pork", when Dib states, "I helped you when we were turning into giant bolognies!" To which Zim replies with "YOU'RE MAKING IT UP!" This scene proved that the events of Invader ZIM do not take place on a floating timeline.
- They also reference this episode in the comic series. In Issue 13, Dib mentions the time that ZIM turned him into baloney.
- This is the sixth episode GIR doesn't appear in.
- In this episode you actually see blood on Dib's hand.
Things You Might Have Missed
- When Dib starts screaming and the camera pans to the bathroom stall next to him, the kid in that stall wets his pants.
- The trays at the beginning of the episode have meat grease under them, which could mean that the school doesn't clean the trays as a part of the filthy theme of the world in Invader ZIM.
- Iggins can be seen in the cafeteria in the second shot. Iggins would incidentally play a major role in the episode paired with this one.
Inconsistencies and Animation Errors
- Brian, the boy who sits next to Zim in class, is seen bald during one of the scenes, despite the fact that he has hair.
- At one point while Zim is in Dib's lab, when they get repelled by the mixture, Zim's eyes are seen as their normal ruby color when he should have his disguise on.
- However, it might not be a definite mistake, as his lenses could have slipped off given that they can apparently slip quite easily as implied by the many times they have done so in public.
- While Dib is talking about how Zim never eats the food, the boy in the background is sipping from a juice box. The straw's layering is messed up during that scene.