On April 4th, 2017, over sixteen years since the series' original premiere and eleven years since the last unaired episode was premiered in the US, Nickelodeon officially announced that Invader Zim would be brought back for a made for television original movie. As of now the plot and release date are unknown, but four of the main voice actors are confirmed to be returning. Richard Horvitz as Zim, Rikki Simons as GIR, Andy Berman as Dib, and Melissa Fahn as Gaz. Nick also announced that series creator Jhonen Vasquez would be involved in the project, serving as an executive producer as well as reprising his role as Computer. It is currently unknown if there are more voice actors set to return since other castings not been officially released.
to be added
- The existence of the movie was first revealed by Harvey Beaks creator C.H. Greenblatt on November 8th, 2016. Vasquez initially denied the existence of the film, dismissing it as "a rumour".
- It is likely that Vasquez was under an non-disclosure contract with Nickelodeon at the time and was was forced to dismiss it.
- Kevin McDonald confirmed on Twitter that the original cast of Invader Zim were going to record lines, so it is apparent more characters are set to appear in the film.
- JR Goldberg of the Invader Zim comic book series confirmed she was also involved in this project. It was later found out should would be the Art Director of the film.
- Cartoonist Jake Parker was confirmed to be working on the project.
- Cartoonist Tyson Hesse was confirmed to be working on the project.
- Cartoonist Jake Wyatt was confirmed to be working on the project.
- Unlike the original TV series that was animated in-house at Nickelodeon, the movie's storyboards and concept art are being outsourced to a South Korea studio named Maven Animation Studio.
- Olivia D' Abo stated on her Twitter she was excited for the Invader Zim movie, though it is unknown if this means she was reprising her role as Tak.
- The Irken symbol has been redesigned.
- Despite overwhelming fan demand, it is unknown if the show will be brought back on the air after the movie's premiere. However, Olivia D'Abo mentioned a "new Invader Zim series" on her Twitter. However, she could just be referring to the comic series.
- It is currently unknown if Invader Skoodge is set to appear in the television movie, but some have speculated that the refusal by Nickelodeon to use him in the comics has been because they've been saving him for the movie.
- It is not known if Minimoose will return for the movie but seeing as Jhonen Vasquez will reprise his role as the Computer, there is a chance he again might provide Minimoose's squeaking.
- It is unclear if Ms. Bitters will be in the movie, due to the death of Lucille Bliss in 2012, unless they hire a new voice actress to fill her role.
- It is possible that Candi Milo might replace her as an understudy, as she has voiced the character previously on the 2008 video game Nicktoons: Globs of Doom due to Bliss' poor health.
- ↑ https://nickelodeonanimation-viacom.icims.com/jobs/6637/background-designer---2d-layout-artist---invader-zim-%28animated-tv-movie%29/job?mobile=false&width=1214&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-360&jun1offset=-300
- ↑ http://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2017/04/04/invader-zim-returns-to-nickelodeon-for-new-movie/
- ↑ http://www.cartoonbrew.com/tv/nickelodeon-making-invader-zim-movie-144753.html
- ↑ https://mobile.twitter.com/kevinthekith/status/871039828573528064
- ↑ https://mobile.twitter.com/cunch/status/849364920852512773
- ↑ https://mobile.twitter.com/mrjakeparker/status/858167261630087168
- ↑ https://mobile.twitter.com/tyson_hesse/status/864285982945722368
- ↑ https://twitter.com/jakewyattriot/status/864537168668053504
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/maven_animationstudio/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/OliviadAbo/status/856951056596480000
- ↑ http://thegww.com/from-the-almighty-tallest-comes-an-interview-with-the-team-behind-invader-zim/
- ↑ https://mobile.twitter.com/OliviadAbo/status/872939621688066048