| I will give you tacos. Oh, such tacos will I give!|
|Invader Zim Episode|
|Invasion of the Idiot Dog Brain|
|Previous:||Rise of the Zitboy|
|Next:||Bad, Bad Rubber Piggy|
|Episode No:||Episode 08a|
|Airdate:||August 24, 2001|
SPOILER WARNING OF DOOM: This section or article may contain spoilers!
When Zim's headquarters are having security problems, Zim attempts to upgrade the security system and get the job over with. He decides to put GIR in charge of ensuring nothing goes wrong while he replaces the computer’s AI, but when GIR begins to try to retrieve his rubber moose, he inadvertently causes the house to shut down, along with himself.However, Zim soon discovers that GIR's brain has been uploaded into the central hub of the house, putting him in complete control over all the systems in the base. Needless to say, GIR does not put this to good use. However, trouble really ensues when the robot develops a craving for tacos and burritos, causing him to detach his new "body" from the base, and, transforming the house into a giant quadrupedal form, proceed to rampage through the city on his way to the Krazy Taco.
After many fruitless attempts to reason with GIR, Zim decides to use the robot's obsession to his advantage: after buying GIR's beloved tacos at the Krazy Taco, the Irken refuses to give them to GIR until the robot returns to the base. GIR quickly complies, leaving a swathe of destruction on his journey home. Once the house re-connects with the base, GIR finally agrees to have his mind restored to his old body, as he discovers that his house-form lacks a mouth - which is essential for eating tacos.
End of Spoilers: There is no further spoilers for this section or article. You can breathe now.
Facts of Doom Edit
- The restaurant in this episode, Krazy Taco, is based on Taco Bell.
- In the beginning, the kid who has apparently invaded Zim's 'perfect security' looks like Squee from one of Jhonen's earlier works, Johnny the Homicidal Maniac, and his own comic, Squee.
Trivia of DoomEdit
- This is the first episode where GIR is in the main storyline. The only other two times being GIR Goes Crazy and Stuff and Walk of Doom before the cancellation of the series.
- From what someone said during the episode commentary, when GIR says "Argh, where's my mouth?!", he was originally supposed to say something along the lines of "The pain, the pain."
- Zim originally told the elevator he wanted to go to the storage level, but for the rest of the episode he says the equipment room.
- Officer Prambly (who debuted in Walk of Doom) shows up again right after GIR sets the gas truck on fire, and he repeats his line from the other episode ("Get him!").
- The police officer who says "Must be one of them new ones!" is the same officer from Megadoomer. He sounds similar to Almighty Tallest Purple.
- In this episode Zim actually gets down on his knees and says "please," begging GIR to obey him.
- The events of this episode has the second-longest time span in the series itself, as it takes place over one year, although it's possible that it was a simple exaggeration. The longest time span in an episode itself was The Most Horrible X-Mas Ever where a robot snowman tells kids a story of the worst Christmas ever two million years in the future.
- This is the fourth time Dib and Gaz don't appear and the fifth time Gaz isn't seen.
Things You Might Have MissedEdit
- In this episode the Krazy Taco worker that Zim pays sees him without his disguise, but isn't scared, shocked, or anything. (Although this may be a animation error.)
- The phone that the guy with the great car is using has a graffiti on it saying "obey".