| I will give you tacos. Oh, such tacos will I give!|
|Invader Zim Episode|
|Invasion of the Idiot Dog Brain|
|Previous:||Rise of the Zitboy|
|Next:||Bad, Bad Rubber Piggy|
|Episode No:||Episode 08a|
|Airdate:||August 24, 2001|
SPOILER WARNING OF DOOM: This section or article may contain spoilers!
When Zim's headquarters are having security problems, Zim attempts to upgrade the security system and get the job over with. He decides to put GIR in charge of ensuring nothing goes wrong while he replaces the computer’s AI, but when GIR begins to try to retrieve his rubber moose, he inadvertently causes the house to shut down, along with himself.However, Zim soon discovers that GIR's brain has been uploaded into the central hub of the house, putting him in complete control over all the systems in the base. Needless to say, GIR does not put this to good use. However, trouble really ensues when the robot develops a craving for tacos and burritos, causing him to detach his new "body" from the base, and, transforming the house into a giant quadrupedal form, proceeding to rampage through the city on his way to the Krazy Taco.
After many fruitless attempts to reason with GIR, Zim decides to use the robot's obsession to his advantage: after buying GIR's beloved tacos at the Krazy Taco, the Irken refuses to give them to GIR until the robot returns to the base. GIR quickly complies, leaving a swathe of destruction on his journey home. Once the house re-connects with the base, GIR finally agrees to have his mind restored to his old body, as he discovers that his house-form lacks a mouth - which is essential for eating tacos.
End of Spoilers: There are no further spoilers for this section or article. You can breathe now.
Facts of Doom
- Krazy Taco is based on a fast food chain in the real world; Taco Bell.
- In the beginning, a kid who got into Zim's Base looks like Squee from one of Jhonen's earlier works, Johnny the Homicidal Maniac and its spinoff comic Squee.
- This is the second episode where GIR has a prominent role. The first is Walk of Doom and the third and last is GIR Goes Crazy and Stuff.
- Zim originally told the elevator he wanted to go to the storage level, but for the rest of the episode he says the equipment room.
- Officer Prambly (who debuted in "Walk of Doom") shows up again right after GIR sets the gas truck on fire, and he repeats his line from the other episode ("Get him!").
- The police officer who says "Must be one of them new ones!" is the same officer from Megadoomer. He sounds similar to Almighty Tallest Purple. He might be voiced by Kevin Hamilton McDonald.
- The events of this episode has the second-longest time span in the series itself, because it takes place an entire year. Although, this might've been an exaggeration. The longest time span in an episode was The Most Horrible X-Mas Ever where Mr. Sludgey tells kids two million years in the future about the worst Christmas ever.
- This episode is the fourth where Dib and Gaz do not play a role, as well as the fifth time when Gaz isn't physically seen.
Changes & Cuts
- From what someone said during the episode commentary, when GIR says "Argh, where's my mouth?!", he was originally supposed to say something along the lines of "The pain, the pain."
Things You Might Have Missed
- In this episode the Krazy Taco worker that Zim pays sees Zim without his disguise on, and does not react in a shocked manner.
- The phone booth that a happy guy used had the word "OBEY" written in graffiti.