| But one day, you'll be sitting in your house feeling all safe and secure, and then you'll look over and I'll be there, doin' stuff!|
|Invader Zim Episode|
|Rise of the Zitboy|
|Next:||Invasion of the Idiot Dog Brain|
|Episode No:||Episode 07b|
|Airdate:||August 31, 2001|
|Writer(s):|| Frank Conniff|
Plot Summary Edit
SPOILER WARNING OF DOOM: This section or article may contain spoilers!
In a messy frenzy, GIR consumes his pizza, which disgusts Zim by its smell and then hugs Zim while covered in grease. Immediately upon removing GIR from himself, Zim orders GIR to bring him soap (or "cleansing chalk", as he calls it) to remove the grease on his face only to discover the soap contains bacon in it. After Zim is done yelling at GIR, the latter suddenly notices that a pimple has developed on the affected area of Zim's face.Ignorant of what a pimple is, Zim is quickly briefed by GIR, who shows him an infomercial of a product to treat it: (Acne Blast.) GIR immediately produces a tube of the cream, which he begins to eat, only to have it taken away by Zim. However, instead of treating his pimple, the cream only causes it to expand and grow. Horrified, Zim chastises GIR, only to discover his robot assistant is swimming inside his monstrous zit. After Zim orders GIR to get out of it, the little robot complies, then resumes sucking the Acne Blast. While Zim is pondering the negative implications of the pimple's presence, GIR draws a face on the pimple. As Zim shakes GIR away, however, the afflicted Irken accidentally discovers that the pimple has hypnotic powers when GIR becomes mesmerised by the pimple's bobbing. Dressing it in a small purple suit, he dubs his pimple "Pustulio."
Coming to Skool, Zim tests out Pustulio's hypnotic powers on the skool children who all fall prey to Zim's control. Looking from a distance, Dib follows Zim as he leads the children back into class. Jumping heroically into class (about 2 feet), Dib unsuccessfully attempts to break the children away from the pimple's hypnotic control and is quickly captured by one of Zim's hypnotized henchmen, Torque. Unable to fight Pustulio's hypnosis, Dib confesses to Zim the weakness in his security system. However, while enjoying his success, Zim's zit swells to the size of the classroom and bursts. Zim leaves to tighten his defenses, while Dib is left to clean up the mess with about 1/3 of a sponge.
End of Spoilers: There is no further spoilers for this section or article. You can breathe now.
Facts of Doom Edit
- When Zim is leading the children past Gaz, you can see she's reading a book called Punch Club, which is a reference to the novel Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk; aside from drawing pigs in "Bloaty's Pizza Hog," this is the only instance that Gaz has engaged in a recreational activity other than playing video games.
Trivia of DoomEdit
- In this episode it is discovered that the blue square on GIR's torso is a hidden compartment for storing stuff like Acne Blast.
- Apparently, Zim can rub himself with bacon and hold it to show GIR without having the horrible effects of meat burning him (Bacon is considered meat).
- Pustulio seemed to have a different effect on the Skoolchildren than on GIR, as the skoolchildren stayed hypnotized without Pustulio looking at them.
- This episode marks the second time something considerably gross happens to Zim in an episode. The first was in Career Day.
- Near the end of the episode, Zim claims he will plant a few more Lawn Gnomes, but it's the same amount of lawn gnomes in the later episodes.
- Richard Steven Horvitz's favorite line is "WHY WAS THERE BACON IN THE SOAP?!?!".
Things You Might Have MissedEdit
- The box Zim picks up in the closet is labeled "Headless Bodies, Gears, Circuts".
- In the Acne Blast commercial, after the teenage boy has cleared his face of acne, he attracts two women at the same time. They are Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera, making a cameo appearance.
Changes and CutsEdit
- Two more kids were to have a bigger role in the hypnosis of the episode. First was controlled to eat anti-matter, while the other to hit Ms. Bitters and would've become punched afterwards.
Inconsistencies and Animation ErrorsEdit
- When Zim is screaming at Dib about his security system, the front door is open. However, when the pizza delivery man rings the doorbell, it is closed.