| He LIKES wearing pants, Dib! Aliens don't LIKE wearing pants!|
|Invader Zim Episode|
|The Frycook What Came from All That Space|
|Previous:||Gaz, Taster of Pork|
|Next:||The Most Horrible X-Mas Ever|
|Episode No:||Episode 26|
|Airdate:|| Australian airdate|
December 27, 2003
August 19, 2006
Plot Summary Edit
SPOILER WARNING OF DOOM: This section or article may contain spoilers!
Meanwhile, Zim is brought aboard his captor's ship, who reveals himself as Sizz-Lorr, a Frylord who was in charge of taking care of Zim during his banishment on Foodcourtia. When Zim escaped to attend The Great Assigning, Sizz-Lorr was trapped alone in his restaurant, Shloogorgh's Flavor Monster, for twenty years during The Foodening. After it ended, the frylord vowed revenge on Zim. Zim contacts GIR and orders him to call the Tallest; instead, he randomly runs outside with a monkey-shaped kite.
Now that Sizz-Lorr has Zim in his greasy clutches again, he puts Zim back to work at Shloogorgh's, which is equipped with a special security system that will make Zim explode if he leaves the building, and makes him do all sorts of horrible and demeaning tasks. Meanwhile, GIR is at the house alone and visited by Dib, who asks where Zim had gone for three days. GIR remembers that Zim told him to call the Tallest, and does so while Dib watches. After being ordered to entertain the customers in a suit filled with hot grease, Zim meets Eric the Blob. As they talk, Zim directs Eric's attention to the security system at the front door: the Blob identifies it as a Vortian 'Splodey System, and casually recalls that he had once worked on installig them until they were discontinued because pf their one flaw: they won't recognize escaping prisoners if they "surround themselves with enough thickness" - the prisoners escaped by hiding in garbage cans. After a brief moment of silence, this eventually gives Zim an idea.The next day, Eric comes in the restaurant as he does every day. But when he orders, Zim hides himself in Eric's food. When Eric eats it, Zim goes into his stomach along with it. Zim escapes from Schloogorgh's because Eric's body is thick enough to hide Zim from the security system. Unfortunately, Sizz-Lorr realizes his escape the second he makes it out the door. A long chase ensues, but Zim gets away in a Snacky Cabs taxi just as the next Foodening begins, leaving Sizz-Lorr stuck on Foodcourtia again. "For no apparent reason", however, the taxi explodes and crash lands into the front yard of Zim's house. Two human neighbors witness this, but nonetheless accept Zim's claim that it's normal. As everything returns to normal, Zim finds Dib and GIR dancing in front of the Tallest in his house. As Zim chases Dib through his house, the Tallest nonchalantly turn off the screen.
End of Spoilers: There is no further spoilers for this section or article. You can breathe now.
Facts of Doom Edit
Cultural References Edit
- Sizz-Lorr's name is a reference to the restaurant chain Sizzler.
Trivia of DoomEdit
- The original title of this episode was "Frycook from Beyond the Stars".
- This marks the first and only time in the series in which Dib came into contact with the Tallest. As shown in Dib's Wonderful Life of Doom, the part where Dib met the Tallest during the invasion of the future was not true, as most of the parts in that episode never happen.
- On the floating screens that depict a "Wanted" poster of Zim, there is holographic writing to the right that says "ZIM IS DUMB".
- This is the last time a Control Brain makes an appearance. The only other time was in Tak: The Hideous New Girl.
- This episode has a slight difference in animation than the all of the others. It can be assumed that the crew had hired a new animation team.
- Unexpectedly, when it aired in the US in 2006, this was the last episode of the series before Nickelodeon ended it for good.
- Also, this episode aired years earlier in other countries such as Australia which first aired it on 2003.
- GIR creates a kite in this episode that resembles the green monkey picture in Zim's living room.
- In the transition between the end of Dib's class presentation and Zim being abducted by Sizz-Lorr, you can see a tear in Dib's eye. This is the only time in the series Dib is known to cry.
- When the episode first aired, it was erroneously listed as "Frycook of Doom".
- Zim claimed that Eric the Blob takes several hours to order food. However, another scene that happened afterwards has Eric taking only a few seconds to order. Then again, Zim was probably exaggerating.
Things You Might Have MissedEdit
- Most of the members of The Resisty from the episode entitled Backseat Drivers From Beyond the Stars can be seen in the restaurant in Foodcourtia.
- A Planet Jacker can also be seen in the restaurant.
- Zim actually apologizes in this episode, when he's trying to get a taxi and he accidentally makes one crash and explode.
- When Zim is trying to get a cab, Tallest Red can be seen in the background. However, it is impossible for him to be there, as Tallest Red was on the Massive, watching GIR and Dib's transmission. Additionally, he is standing amongst members of the Resisty, such as Ixane and others.
- After Zim comes back to Earth, Licka sees Zim out of disguise and seems to sympathize with him; in the same scene, Licka sprays Zim with water from her garden hose and he doesn't steam up. He could, however, be wearing paste armor.
- Some aliens from the episode Hobo 13 can be seen in this episode.
- When Sizz-Lorr falls on to a huge crowd, a split second before that, you can see a ship that looks like the flying Skoolbus from A Room with a Moose.
- A Bloaty's Pizza Hog Chain commercial is playing when Zim finds Dib in his house.
- Bloody GIR is seen on a ship in one of Zim's flashbacks.
- Many characters from previous episodes appear as background characters in this episode
- When Sizz-Lorr captures Zim and they're in his ship Zim's skin is white.
- When Zim escaped with the taxi, if one looks in the right corner, the animation crew forgot to draw a part of the spaceship, and stars can be seen beyond.
- After Tallest Red says "You blew up all the other Invaders!" in the next scene, when it goes back to Zim, his eyes and uniform are red, not ruby.
- At the very beginning there is graffiti that says "Dibs stupid" on a box/podium. Later it says "Dib's stopid."
- In previous episodes, Zim uses the giant picture of a green monkey as a two-way video communication screen, but when Dib talks to the Tallest, you can see the picture in the background. This error is corrected when Zim gets back from Foodcourtia.
- After Dib says "Excuse me? Alien scum? Give me your planet's coordinates!", the Tallests' locations are switched. This mistake also happened at the end of the episode after GIR and Dib were dancing, although they could have switched at any time between the last time we saw them.
- It didn't take six months for Zim to get back to Earth when returning from Foodcourtia, even though Foodcourtia is farther away from Earth. It is possible that the taxi was faster than the Voot Runner, but seeing that vehicle as a war vehicle and the taxi as public transportation, this is unlikely. However, it is rumored that Zim made the Voot runner himself, or it is an outdated model of spacecraft, so this scenario does kind of make sense.
- When Pigboy flies out the window, the class appears to be several stories above ground, although the Skool is a one-story building.
- During the title sequence when Zim jumps in the voot cruiser G.I.R's eyes are green, not teal.
See also Edit
- The Frycook What Came from All That Space Screenshots
- The Frycook What Came from All That Space (Transcript)
Concept Art Edit