SPOILER WARNING OF DOOM: This section or article may contain spoilers!
The Trial was an unfinished episode focusing on Zim's Existence Evaluation. An Existence Evaluation takes place when the Control Brains determine whether or not Zim deserves to either be remembered in Irken History, or to be erased and deactivated, deemed a 'Defective', and continuing his life like he never existed. The Tallest bumped the date up a couple of decades to try to get rid of Zim. while GIR temporarily takes over earth.
This episode was to shed light on Zim's past (and a small bit of the Tallests', too). Throughout it, all the destruction Zim caused prior to Operation Impending Doom I is revealed; including plunging Irk into darkness twice, killing two leaders (Almighty Tallest Miyuki and Almighty Tallest Spork), and destroying a substantial amount of Irk's surface. In the end, all the bad data from Zim's PAK would have caused the Control Brains to declare Zim the Most Incredible Irken Ever and let him drive the Massive for ten minutes, much to the Tallests' dismay.
No voice tracks were recorded at the studio. The voice actors did, however, voice the script at Invadercon which can be heard here. There is the script and concept art that exist.
End of Spoilers: There are no further spoilers for this section or article. You can breathe now.
Facts of Doom
- This would have been the fourth time that other Irkens landed on Earth.
- When Zim claims when he becomes the next "Tallest", he is clearly foreshadowing his future status in the unfinished/unplot film "Invader Dib".
- It is revealed that Zim, Skoodge, Red, and Purple are the same age, only that the Tallest, as their name implies, were taller than Skoodge and Zim even when they were younger.
- It is revealed that Irk has had at least one female Tallest.
- GIR managed to conquer Earth in one day and shows he becomes a much better Invader than Zim and unlike Zim, GIR is apparently a benevolent leader as humans seem to greatly respect him.
- It's probably safe to assume that Dib is the reason as to why GIR was overthrown, but this is never outright stated.
- This episode would have shown why Zim became such a problem. But it doesn't exactly show how he became a problem.
- In this episode, Zim is revealed to be responsible for both previous Tallests' demise.
- It also would have been revealed that Zim actually did attain the rank of Invader on Devastis.
- The Horrible Cartoon Kid in this episode is a possibly a parody to Jimmy Neutron, another show on Nickelodeon, as the character design bears a striking resemblance to the main character.
- In InvaderCON II Rodger Bumpass used his Professor Membrane voice to tell Gaz the story before Eric Trueheart took over.
- When we see Zim hugging the robot arm during his flash back from "Parent Teacher Night."
- This would have been the second time Zim piloted The Massive since "Backseat Drivers from Beyond the Stars."