| I'm gonna eat that fish.|
|Invader Zim Episode|
|Next:||The Voting of the Doomed|
|Episode No:||Episode 24a|
|Airdate:|| Australian airdate|
December 21, 2003
July 22, 2006
SPOILER WARNING OF DOOM: This section or article may contain spoilers!
One day, during Gym class, Dib and Zim find themselves pitted against each other in a game of Bludgeonball, a sport similar to dodgeball. During the match, one of Zim's lenses falls out. All of the Skoolchildren immediately notice, but Zim merely passes it off as pink-eye, "a normal human illness." Dib gets upset as he always does, but this time, it's worse than usual: the gym teacher sends him to Mr. Dwicky, the new guidance counselor.
Mr. Dwicky asks Dib what the problem is, so he tells the guidance counselor everything. Surprisingly, Mr. Dwicky believes Dib, and even wants to work with him. After Skool at Dib's house, Mr. Dwicky and Dib create a plan to expose Zim. Using schematics for an alien identification transmitter stolen from Zim's Computer, they call Zim's Base claiming to be Plookesians that had crash-landed on Earth. Dib, with his voice disguised, makes a deal with Zim. If the alien agrees to fix their ship, he and Mr. Dwicky (his voice also disguised) would give Zim superweapons.
All three of them settle a meeting point somewhere in the woods, and Dib and his new partner set up cameras at the site they set for the trap. But after waiting for hours with no sign of Zim showing up, Mr. Dwicky tells Dib to stop pretending and tell him the real problem. Dib becomes upset when he realizes Mr. Dwicky was just playing along, but his disappointment quickly fades when Zim shows up. The guidance counselor is in shock for the next few minutes, but Dib and Zim start another of their frequent battle of words right away. The big-headed boy reveals to Zim that the whole thing was a trap he and Mr. Dwicky had set up, but Zim refuses to believe this.
Before anything else can happen, however, real Plookesians show up. They had been tracking the Plookesian signal Mr. Dwicky and Dib were sending, and came to check it out. Zim demands the two aliens give him superweapons, still not realizing that Dib had tricked him. Much to Dib's consternation, the Plookesians readily comply with Zim's demand, and then leave with Mr. Dwicky (and, unfortunately, the video camera), whom they invited to go traveling with them. Dib is left without an ally or proof, and Zim goes home with a huge pile of superweapons, but still no clue that Dib had arranged everything.
End of Spoilers: There is no further spoilers for this section or article. You can breathe now.
Facts of Doom Edit
Trivia of DoomEdit
- This episode is the first to have Danielle Koening write an entire episode by herself.
- This episode never aired in the US until 2006, but it has aired in other countries years earlier, such as Australia having it first air in 2003.
- In this episode, it is revealed Dib is around three and a half feet from the waist up. However, his leg length is unknown, and therefore Dib's full height is also unknown.
- The scene featuring the old counselor's fate was voted the absolute most disturbing scene from Invader ZIM.
Things You Might Have MissedEdit
- The voice, assumed to be the old counselor, is actually played by Jhonen Vasquez.
- When Mr. Dwicky tells the adult that he doesn't believe in aliens it says "obey" at the bottom of his coffee mug.
- Mr. Dwicky mentions that he lost interest in aliens when they didn't save him from an escalator when he was younger. It shows that his leg was twisted up from the incident, but in the scenes before and after, Mr. Dwicky's leg is fine for unknown reasons.
- In the scene where Dib shows Dwicky his proof of aliens, he gets up from the chair and his nose is gone for a REALLY brief second.
Concept Art Edit